The sort of personal data we collect will be information such as name, address, email address, telephone number, date of birth, preferences and personal travel arrangements. In addition, we may also be required to obtain your passport details for travel arrangements, check-in and security reasons.
We will need to collect this information to arrange the services you are requesting. We will only collect, process, use, share and store your personal information where we are satisfied that we have an appropriate legal basis to do this. This may be to create a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you.
What we use collected information for
We use the personal information you provide in order to:
- Fulfil our contract with you and/or deal with your booking or intended booking, including processing your booking, designing and sending you your itinerary or other details relating to your booking.
- Manage your wider travel or services requirements (for example, liaising with and transferring your data to hotels, service providers and/or travel facilitators so that they can facilitate your booking and/or your travel arrangements so any disruption can be minimised), this includes when you book a service which may be provided by us or third parties with us.
- Process payments for your booking, fulfil requests for refunds and for accounting or audit purposes.
- Personalise the service and offers you receive (for example, by being aware of previous travel experiences, transactions or preferences, and tailoring the way we provide our products or services to you based on your preferences and profile).
- Communicate and interact with you at different times throughout your journey and/or to answer any questions and queries you submit to us.
- Communicate with accommodation providers and other parties that are part of your journey regarding your experience, preferences, compliments or complaints.
- Improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones.
- Conduct customer satisfaction surveys so that we can obtain a better understanding of how we can continue to improve the products and services we offer or help us to create new ones. During these surveys, we may collect personal information from you relating to your thoughts/comments about your experience with us.
- Market our products and services to you where you have opted in for such communications.
- Manage our business such as for systems testing, IT maintenance or development training, benchmarking and performance measurement
- Use it for our legitimate interest as a commercial organisation.
If you have any queries about any of our products or services, compliments or complaints, we will need to collect information from you, including your contact details, in order for us to respond to your query or provide you with assistance. We will collect this information when you send us an email, call our customer service or reservations line, visit a local office or contact us via another form of communication such as through social media or an online chat tool.
When you visit the Site, or follow the Company on social media, or use/subscribe to one of the digital services used by the Company for correspondence or services, we collect certain information about your device, your interaction with the Site, and information necessary to process your requests. We will need to collect this information to arrange the travel and other services you are requesting, and provide a better digital service.
Legal, Compliance & Regulatory Requirements
We process your personal information so that we can meet our legal, compliance and regulatory obligations, for legal purposes, such as to respond to a valid legal claim, summons or regulatory order, and to protect our property, rights and interests as well as the property, rights and interest of other persons.
We also process your personal information for crime prevention and detection purposes, including the prevention of fraud for online payments, for identity verification, for credit checking and credit scoring purposes and accounting or audit purposes. In each case, we do so in compliance with applicable laws.